Sunday, August 7, 2011

Well i know this will be the end of me but i'll post it anyway!



I know this is going to get all the negative posts ever.  But I'm a yankee fan, there is nothing too it.  I didn't join a bandwagon years ago, i've always been a yankee fan.  Unlike most yankee's fans i don't get all angry and start spouting off about how stupid the Red Sox are or how dumb other teams are.  I don't like Herman "Babe" Ruth or A-Rod, I believe they the worst yankees.  My favorite players through the years were "The iron horse" Lou Gehrig, Roger Maris, Yogi Berra, "They Yankee Clipper" Joe Dimaggio, Don Mattingly, Derek Jeter, and i've really been digging Robinson Cano. 

I enjoy those yankees who don't put their personal life out there.  That's why i've never liked A-Rod, although a talented ball player, he has too much baggage in his life.  Why can't baseball players be like the players of old and play because of the love of the game, not because they get payed millions.  I think a way we could change the national debt is if some of these players decided hey i can live with a little less money.  

So as a friend to all who read this i want to get some feed back.  Let me know why you dislike or like the yankees?  The two reasons you have to leave out 1. A-Rod and 2. the buying up of players, The red sox did it this year, the Marlins do it ever 4 or 5 years and win a world series, So tell me why other than that!

On a different note i want to give a shout out to my good friend Ben Grimmett, he is moving to Layton soon and i'm excited to live closer to him and his beautiful wife Jane and their little girl.  

Alright lets bring on the good and the bad.

Bring it!

4 comments:

  1. I don't really get into baseball. I just wanted to give you a shout out in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just like to give you crap. Sports smorts, I've been a SF Giants fan for 10 years now & I can only name one or two players, I just like to watch when I get the chance and give you crap about the yankees when I can. Nothing but love brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have waited for this day for too long. And... I just don't like some of the Yanks with the huge egos because not every team can afford them. But there are big budget teams that pay for players that have big contracts that fail. i.e. my team with Alfonso, Big Z, Sosa, just to name a few. I think that the Yanks just buy so many contracts and still win which peeves us Cubs fans cause why can't we do that dang it!

    ReplyDelete